small pet rescue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi, I'm new here

2 posters

Go down

Hi, I'm new here Empty Hi, I'm new here

Post  Maggersbun Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:59 am

Hi,

I thought I should introduce myself.
My name is Laura. I have been married for 24 years and have a 19yr old son in college. I love all small furries but my favorite is rabbits. I have had a total of 7 houserabbits over the years. All have passed away now. I do have 1 shetland sheepdog, 2 cats, 3 bird- 1 quaker, 1 senegal, 1 parrotlett and 2 goldfish ponds.
Over the years I have had many small companions- guinea pigs, rats, hamsters, gerbils.
I believe in adoption whenever possible. I have helped on transporting rescued guinea pigs to foster care and a homeless bun to its forever home in PA. I fostered two rescue rabbits from PA till they had room at a houserabbit rescue in MA. I couldn't let them go and they stayed here with me.
I have not been adding to my family in the last 5 or so years because I'am getting older but mainly because vet care is so very expensive. I do miss my buns...
I look forward to getting to know the other people and their friends here.
Maggersbun
Maggersbun

Back to top Go down

Hi, I'm new here Empty Re: Hi, I'm new here

Post  Rachel Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:47 am

Hi Laura! Thank you so much for introducing yourself. I see your entry was from October. I sincerely apologize for not realizing this. I normally receive a notification in my e-mail when someone posts something on this forum. I haven't seen any notifications in months. I gathered the forum was slow. Now that I visited the forum, I see I made the wrong decision. From now on I will visit and see for myself.
It is wonderful that you helped all the buns in need. I tis diffcult to foster a pet and not wind adopting. Once the pet has settled into your home and you fall in love with their personality and quirks, how can you say good-bye after that?

Rachel
Admin

https://smallpetforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum