small pet rescue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Yellow Lab

2 posters

Go down

My Yellow Lab Empty My Yellow Lab

Post  bunnyloverof2 Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:59 am

I have a question about my 3 yr old yellow lab. She has been potty trained and crate trained for a long time. I just have deceided to try to let her out of her crate when we go out. She has never chewed anything up but will pee in the house. I know that she does this because we leave her home alone. I dont have an area to fence her off like a kitchen because they run together in a open floor plan. My question if if anyone has delt with this problem and what can I do. I do let her out before we leave but she will still wet in the house.

I contacted a trainer and she said why fix the problem to let her stay in her crate when we leave. It is true that she loves her crate and goes in it when the door is open. She said that dogs that have seperation issues like a crate and need that for saftey. I just wish that she didnt have to be in there for so long when we go out for the day. What do you all think? She does sleep in my bed at night so maybe she is in her crate for sometimes 3-4 hours at a time but not everyday only when we have to leave.

Lisa and Bailey ANN Yellow Lab

bunnyloverof2

Back to top Go down

My Yellow Lab Empty Re: My Yellow Lab

Post  Rachel Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:44 pm

hmmmm... dogs are not my specialty. I do like dogs a lot, but my knowledge about them is very little. I'll ask around, I do know a lot of dog oriented people Wink

Rachel
Admin

https://smallpetforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum