small pet rescue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GREAT idea

3 posters

Go down

GREAT idea Empty GREAT idea

Post  dawnrae Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:19 am

Congrats on the forum

cheers

What a GREAT idea!!!

dawnrae

Back to top Go down

GREAT idea Empty Re: GREAT idea

Post  Rachel Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:41 am

Thank you Dawn Surprised I hope it works out even though I have no clue what I am doing , LOL!

Rachel
Admin

https://smallpetforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

GREAT idea Empty Nothing is accomplished overnight

Post  MaggyMay Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:32 pm

You'll get the hang of it Rachel. And a very nice undertaking it will be. People will find you eventually. Remember, you're in it for the long haul........

Let me ask you a question to get things rolling:
What was the very first pet you rescued, and how long ago was it??
MaggyMay
MaggyMay

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:59 pm

That is a good question Maggie , our very first rescue as LIFELONGTAILS, was a female rat by the name of Lucy. Lucy came to us with a mammory tumor and her owner couldn't handle her medical condition or the vet bills so they had surrendered her to us. I quickly made a vet appointment to confirm it was a tumor then made a surgery appt. The surgical removal of the tumor went smoothly and she healed up in about a months time. I waited three months to make sure no other tumors popped up before deciding to place her up for adoption. She was tumor free and found a freat home with a gentlman with other female ratties. She fit right in with his female rat family. That was over two years ago, and we did receive an e-mail that Lucy passed away peacefully in her sleep of old age, since she was over a year old when she was adopted. We will never forget Lucy as a happy story and our first rescue and first official adoption.

Rachel
Admin

https://smallpetforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down