small pet rescue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

shy Bunny

3 posters

Go down

shy Bunny Empty shy Bunny

Post  bunnyloverof2 Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:51 am

I adopted my Bunny Ella last year and when she came to me I felt so sorry for her. I guess that she was at a kill shelter and was going to be put to sleep. Then a vet tech fostered her and got her fixed. When in surgery they found out she was already pregnant with babies. I was told that she lost her poor babies. I felt so good knowing that I saved her life. When she came to me she so sweet but shy. she would let you pet her and hold her put really wouldnt come to y0u on her own. I loved her anyway and thought even If she never comes to me thats ok I saved her life and gave her a home with love. Time passed and her and my ratties became friends. I also have a yellow lab that loves her small animals. She is really great with the rats and rabbits and can be out with them and tusted. She even plays with my upstairs neighbors Guinea pigs. Not to get off subject after a year all of a sudden Ella has become a lap bun. She will follow you around. Sit next to you endlessly for petting , and jump up on the couch for petting. SHe all of a sudden begs for people food like a dog. lol. I do have to admit once in a while she gets some of the babies puffs or banana. I just cant believe she is a total different rabbit in the past couple of months.

Lisa and Ella Bunny, Hunny Bunny, Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore, Tigger ratties, Bailey Lab, 4 Firebelly toads, and 2 Betta Fish

bunnyloverof2

Back to top Go down

shy Bunny Empty Re: shy Bunny

Post  Rachel Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:42 pm

That is such a wonderful story. Sounds like Ella had a lot of trauma in her past, but she got through it all. Now she has found you and has you to look after her.. and although it took her a while to realize that, she now knows she is safe and loved. I remember Ella's picture , she is a gorgeous bunny.

Rachel
Admin

https://smallpetforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mad2Physicist Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:14 am

That is wonderful. Raphael, the rabbit who owns my wife and I, was also rescued. He was never very shy, but he was hardly a lap bun at first. However, over the past two years he has become extremely friendly. Because he's a chewer, he has to be kept in a fenced in area when we're not watching him, but now he will order us to let him out and then come over and sit right next to me on the floor, wanting a cheek rub. Rabbits with traumatic pasts seem to take a while when learning to trust.

Mad2Physicist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum