small pet rescue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ready for Christmas?

3 posters

Go down

Ready for Christmas? Empty Ready for Christmas?

Post  Rachel Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:13 pm

how is everyone doing with getting prepared for Christmas? Shopping done? Christmas cards done and mailed?
I am very behind, behind to the point where I think we won't finish some things this year. Normally each year the hubby and I make Christmas cards with the animals on them. One year we did our own pets, the next year we did all the pets that were adopted over the course of the year. We arrange their pictures and names on the cards. This month has been so busy that we haven't even begun to arrange the cards on the computer. The Hubby, Ray usually , makes the card since I have no idea how to do that on the computer. While I make the envelopes and make sure I have everyone on our list. So far we have done neither. We do have some decorations outside, but we have given up on the prospects of a Chritmas tree, we have cats that think it is only a toy, to climb and rough house with. And we haven't started shopping either... oh man... I'm stressed. We are planning on making a night of Christmas shopping tomorrow.
Through all the stress and things to do I do hope everyone has a happy Holidays santa

Rachel
Admin

https://smallpetforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Ready for Christmas? Empty Not Ready, Not Stressed

Post  Kathy Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:14 pm

I haven't started doing Christmas cards, shopping or decorating. I don't stress about it anymore. If I get the cards in the mail by the 24th, I'm ahead of schedule. I don't do any decorating and only a minimum of shopping anymore. When my kids were small, I did stress about getting too many things done in too short a time.

Kathy

Back to top Go down

Ready for Christmas? Empty Ugh!

Post  dawnrae Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:56 pm

I have literally bought 3 presents so far. I've NEVER waited this long to buy gifts in my life. So, I guess I'm heading out with the herds of others in the same boat this weekend....

dawnrae

Back to top Go down

Ready for Christmas? Empty Re: Ready for Christmas?

Post  Rachel Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:00 pm

I'll be right there with you Dawn !

Rachel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:04 pm

Ray and I got some of our Christmas shopping done tonight, so we are finally on the right path.. we still have a lot to accomplish before Christmas Day though *stresses*

Rachel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dawnrae Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:19 am

This weekend was somewhat productive (despite the snow yesterday Smile ). We finished about 90% of our Christmas preparations. Cookies...check, candy...check, decorating...almost check, gifts...almost check. I just need one really great gift for the boy. I honestly don't know what to get for him b/c he doesn't ask for much (such a good boy). Question He would LOVE a chinchilla BUT I told him we couldn't get one until he has studied up on them and can answer any question I ask about their care (....AND... until Ms. Rachel has one we could adopt Surprised).

dawnrae

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:09 pm

hi Dawn,
Our other foster Mom, Dawn Farley is looking for a home for her pair of boy chinchillas. They are on Petfinder right now , their names are Gideon and Cloud. Dawn F does a bit of rescuing herself, and I don't remember the situation as to how she "received" Gideon and Cloud, but I know it was a rescue and now she is looking for their loving, forever home.
They do need to be adopted together since they are bonded to each other.
I am sure your boy needs to do some more researching and preparing though, doesn't he?

Rachel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dawnrae Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:52 pm

Rachel,
Yep, he's still learning and preparing...I'll keep Gideon & Cloud in mind for when he..'s ready. Thanks

dawnrae

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down