small pet rescue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stanley

+2
Kathy
Rachel
6 posters

Go down

Stanley Empty Stanley

Post  Rachel Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:13 pm

I am asking everyone to send Stanley the dwarf hamster healing vibes and get better thoughts and all....
He has an awful abscess that is on his face and mouth, Dr.T drained it last Tuesday and he has been antibiotics since. So far there hasn't been much change in the size of the abscess. He may need the abscess surgically removed if it doesn't go away with the antibiotics. Despite the infection and pain he must be in , he is drinking and eating very well and he is active too. I am thankful for that, but I want him to be totally better.

Rachel
Admin

https://smallpetforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Stanley Empty Re: Stanley

Post  Kathy Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:02 am

I'm hoping Stanley will start feeling better soon. Poor little guy. At least he is eating, drinking and active, so that is positive.

Kathy

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:20 pm

I have horrible news Crying or Very sad Stanley passed away tonight. I am afraid that the infection was too severe, the antibiotics and draining didn't help. His little body couldn't take anymore and he gave up. He is pain free now, no longer suffering. I will miss his spirit though, even though he wasn't the friendliest hamster in the World , I did love that little guy.

Rachel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deefar Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:22 am

I am so sorry about Stanley, poor little guy. Do you know how he got the abscess?

Deefar

Back to top Go down

Post  dawnrae Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:38 am

Crying or Very sad

dawnrae

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:20 pm

Dawn,
I am not sure how he got it, he had been by himself for nearly a year and I really can't see how he became injured. The abscess started in his mouth so maybe a piece of food made and injury and the infection just took over? I am not sure. It seemed to materialize over night and within a day it grew three times the size it was.

Rachel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  shadowhamster Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:56 pm

Poor little guy! well at least he died in the best of hands and care! You take really amazing care for all the animals that go through your rescue!! Crying or Very sad

shadowhamster

Back to top Go down

Stanley Empty Stanley - the inspiration

Post  trishatom Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:39 am

Rachel wrote:I have horrible news Crying or Very sad Stanley passed away tonight. I am afraid that the infection was too severe, the antibiotics and draining didn't help. His little body couldn't take anymore and he gave up. He is pain free now, no longer suffering. I will miss his spirit though, even though he wasn't the friendliest hamster in the World , I did love that little guy.

Rachel -
You've seen SO many animals that have inspired you, and us. I'm sure we've had some too - and are amazed that they don't complain, and they just accept, and "carry on". Pets are amazing.
They remind me of kids with cancer. They don't complain, and just want to "get on" with their life, and playing, etc.
We love you Rachel. I'm sorry for all the sadness you see, and know God put those little creatures in YOUR hands, because you have God's hands on Earth...
From Patricia R. - Hamburg, NY (Satin's Mommy)
I love you I love you

trishatom

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:00 pm

Thank you Patricia,
Stanley was a very special little boy. He looked like a white cotton ball.
Kisses to Satin

Rachel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum