SHHH!!!

Go down

SHHH!!!

Post  dawnrae on Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:02 pm

I'm a sneaky snoop and found out a couple days ago that my husband bought me a Ferret Nation cage for Christmas. I wanted it b/c it seems SO easy to clean and I think the boys are going to LOVE it.

BUT SHHH I'm not suppose to know silent

dawnrae

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SHHH!!!

Post  Rachel on Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:20 pm

OMG, I am sooo jealous! I asked Ray for a ferret nation, and he said we have too many extra cages lying around as it is. I explained that all the extra cages are very small and nothing at ALL like a ferret nation but he didn't budge. I guess I spend enough money on the pets as it is.
Now that you know , how are you going to contain yourself until Christmas, I would want to set it up and put the ratties in it right away!
And how did you convince your hubby to get it? He must have known you wanted it.

Rachel
Admin

View user profile http://smallpetforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dawnrae on Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:29 pm

It's not here. It's at his sisters house, luckily. I actually sent him the link with a note that said "This is the cage I want". Since they are so much $$ I didn't think he would get it. Then the other day he told me to stay out of his email and I couldn't help myself... Twisted Evil...I'm in this house pretty much 24/7 and only have so self-restraint

Shame on me but yippee!!!

dawnrae

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel on Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:00 pm

Dawn,
I even argued with the hubby that the ferret nation will not only be used for rescued ferrets , but rescued rats and chinchillas too. But no deal... He says we don't have the room or the extra cash to spend on one cage. I guess he does have a valid point. Better to save that money for vet bills or emergency surgeries, etc.

Rachel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel on Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:41 am

Hi Dawn,
I am sure you have opened up the ferret nation by now today. Have you tried putting it together yet? I spoke to a gentlemen with 4 ferrets who was interested in Americana , our adoptable girl ferret. He told me it is a great cage but it has kinks as far as the design goes and how it is put together. He didn't go into specifics, maybe it is just a male's perspective on the make-up of the cage and maybe how it works for ferrets as opposed to rats... I don't know. I sitll think you'll be thrilled with it and will go nuts with decorating and adding toys and such to it, you'll have more ful than the rats Wink I am still jealous

Rachel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dawnrae on Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:02 pm

Got it already assembled!!!! It's massive and the guys really seem to LOVE it and so do I. I quickly decorated (b/c its soo easy to do with the door swinging open all the way) and put them in as soon as we were done opening gifts Very Happy I'm going to spend more time tonight getting it "pretty" for them...I also got a whole bunch of fleece so I can make hammocks and stuff - WHEN i learn how to sew....I'm working on it now but can't seem to get the hang of it Mad

dawnrae

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel on Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:53 pm

I can't sew either Dawn. And even if I did know how, I am not sure if I'd find much extra time to make hammocks. Well, maybe I would, I am not sure how time consuming that is anyway. For now I've just been buying cubes and hammocks. I am a member over at Ratsrule- goosemoose forum and I have purchased stuff from wonderrodent and dearpie for the rescues and Carlton the rat. They make excellent stuff, i don't think I'd ever to make them that well. but it always breaks my heart a little when the ratties start chewing holes into them. Such beautiful, cozy hammocks or cubes, getting destroyed. Oh well, when they get too shredded to the point where they are a hazard, I'll toss them out and then order more. I wonder if Wonderrodent (Astrid) is still donating some of the money to Colebrook rat rescue??

Rachel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel on Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:54 pm

Oh, and you 'll have to post pictures of the finshed cage and the rats in them, I insist Surprised

Rachel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RATical on Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:06 am

I really want a Ferret Nation, but I think I should wait until Christmas is over! I have a Fiesty Ferret cage right now, which looks kind of like a FN but it's slightly smaller.. but only the doors on the right side of the top and bottom section open, so it's impossible to clean and decorate. Sad I can sew pretty well now, and make tons of rattie stuff!

RATical

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel on Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:31 pm

Hi Vicki,
If you plan on ever having small baby rats or females in the future, I highly recommend the Critter Nation. It has closer bar spacing. This is the cage Fennel was located in at our house.

Rachel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RATical on Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:57 pm

I do really like the critter nation, but I don't plan on ever keeping females or babies. I do have two other cages with smaller bar spacing that are quite large too just in case. I'd get the critter nation, but the FN is about $70 cheaper now.

RATical

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum