Ferrets and parrots

Go down

Ferrets and parrots

Post  MaggyMay on Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:46 pm

The people I got my Timneh grey from had a cute little ferret named Roxanne. She must have been the runt of the litter, as she was really small. I was really surprised that she had never tried to bother the parrot in any way, and she had the run of the house, plus the parrot was not enclosed in his cage. Anyhow, I've had the timneh for alost 6 months, and every once in a while he calls, "Roxanne!". I guess he still misses her.
MaggyMay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ferrets and parrots

Post  Rachel on Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:52 pm

That is a close call, a bird and ferret out of their cages at the same time is a disaster waiting to happen , mainly to the bird! I have have heard horror stories myself

Rachel
Admin

View user profile http://smallpetforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Deefar on Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:39 am

I love Ferrets and someday I will get some. Just after high school while still living with my parents I had 7 Ferrets. They were free living in the Family room for years. Because of the nature of Ferrets, I don't think it is good to have them living with other animals that the Ferrets can get at. My Piggie cage is an open top cage and I wouldn't trust the Ferrets around them even under supervision. Ferrets are sneaky, fast and creative.

Deefar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel on Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:13 pm

"Ferrets are sneaky, fast and creative."
I certainly agree with that one, Dawn, but of course that is what makes up their personalities. You have to watch them like children because they are always into mischief and trouble .

Rachel
Admin

View user profile http://smallpetforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum