Jalapeno and Chile

Go down

Jalapeno and Chile

Post  jesslynn5059 on Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:16 pm

[b]
I just recently adopted two little girl Robo dwarf hamsters from Rachel named Jalapeno and Chile. I have never had dwarf hamster before and let me tell you they are two energetic girls. They are so funny to watch because they spend hours in there wheel together just going and going. I have two syrian hamsters that I also got from Rachel named Pringles and Vincent and they seem pretty lazy compared to Jalapeno and Chile. They have also built their home underneath the enclosure I provided for them in the cage.. Its really cute. All you can see is the little entrance hole and the rest is covered with bedding.
I'm so happy with the new additions and look forward to many years to come watching them.

jesslynn5059

View user profile

Back to top Go down

jalapeno and chile

Post  jesslynn5059 on Fri May 08, 2009 7:51 pm

an update on my girls.. they are still doing good. They are getting to know me. Everyday that I go up to there cage and make a quiet noise.. Chile comes up to the bars looking for me. She has also gotten use to taking food out of my hands without being skittish. Jalapeno doesn't seem to want anything to do with me but I'm slowly trying to win her over.. I got a miniture ball for them to run around in the house in.. Its so cute. Its like the perfect size for the dwarf hamsters. I've only put Chile in it but so far she seems to enjoy it. She goes tearing through the house and is funny to watch her go. She is super fast.

They are such a riot!

jesslynn5059

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jalapeno and Chile

Post  Mad2Physicist on Wed May 27, 2009 5:12 am

They are very cute:)
It took three months or so for our dwarf hamster (Pumpkin) to stop being nippy with me (he acclimated to my wife Jess much faster). But now he is very outgoing and friendly. In fact he likes to run to the side of his courtyard and beg for food, either in response to hearing us in the kitchen or at random intervals.

Mad2Physicist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

dwarfs

Post  jesslynn5059 on Wed May 27, 2009 7:59 pm

yeah I saw the picture of your pumpkin and he is cute too... i never had a dwarf hamster before but they are a lot more entertaining than the syrians that i have but they don't let me hold them yet.. I'm hopeful that if I keep working with them that they will let me.. The best thing I like watching them is after I put new bedding in there cage watching them burrow throughout the full cage... they are also fast little girls! I love them so much and can't image what I ever did without them.. i can't seem to stop myself from going down to there cages and just watching them go about there lives..

jesslynn5059

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mad2Physicist on Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:19 pm

Do you give them a house to make their den under? Pumpkin has one, which he used to use, but now he just makes his nest in the middle of his cage. He is very cute when he first wakes up and sticks just his little face up through the opening!

Mad2Physicist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

my girls!

Post  jesslynn5059 on Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:51 pm

Yeah... when i first put them in the cage their is was a plastic house in there that I thought they would go into but they burrowed underneath it.. then I put a structure in the cage that is made out of those chewable wood material and instead of chewing it to wear down there teeth they made there burrow underneath that...

My girls do the same thing that your pumpkin does.. when they wake up they poke there heads out of the hole and its so cute.. they both respond to my voice now and come out and come up to the door to welcome me....they still don't like me to pet them but they don't mind taking treats out of my hand...

jesslynn5059

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down